Open position as the Communication Officer at the AgroServ project
Passionate about communication and sustainable agriculture? AnaEE-ERIC seeks a Communication Officer for the AgroServ project based in Gif sur Yvette, south of Paris. Your main responsibilities will be to develop and implement project communication strategy, manage internal and external communication and to organize events and promote collaboration.
Gif Sur Yvette, France
Full time (CDI)
Start of work, ASAP
Analysis and Experimentation on Ecosystems, European Research Infrastructure Consortium (AnaEE- ERIC), is an intergovernmental research organization established under the European Council (EC) regulation 723/2009 on the community legal framework for European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ERIC) legal status.
AnaEE-ERIC coordinates the Horizon Europe project AgroServ, which provides tools and services to the research community for a sustainable and resilient agriculture, and the agroecological transitions. AgroServ is a consortium of 11 European research infrastructure, representing more than 70 institutions across Europe. Information about AgroServ is available at https://agroserv.eu. AgroServ promotes an inter- and trans-disciplinary research, involving the scientific community, the industry and farmers.
Under the supervision of the AgroServ scientific Coordinator, the Communication Officer (CO) will oversee the internal and external communication activities of the project. This includes the communication directed at the stakeholders, industry, farmers, policy makers, other projects, general public, as well as the communication for the scientific community, community building and communication for the collaboration. These tasks will be made in close collaboration with the European Project Manager of AgroServ (EPM), as well as with the other partners of the AgroServ project.
The main duties of the Communication Officer include:
• Develop and implement the communication strategy of the project.
• Prepare and implement the outreach activities of the project, communication on results.
• Manage the communication activities of the project, and the relevant work packages, in
collaboration with the person in charge of the communication in the research infrastructures
and partners of the project.
• Manage the internal communication and exchanges within the project participants, including
between work packages.
• Promote the project to the stakeholders, scientific community, industry, European
Commission, farmers, and their organizations, living labs, policy bodies, etc.
• Organize events (both in person and virtual), workshops, conferences, webinars, etc.
• Ensure the completion of milestones, prepare deliverables, and contribute to the exchanges
with the European Commission and the Research Executive Agency
Requirements and skills
• At least a Master degree in communication or in a related domain,
• At least 3 years of professional experience in communication activities, preferably in the
• Knowledge of European institutions, and experience of operating at the European level,
• Excellent knowledge of communication tools, including digital communication tools,
• Knowledge of a CMS, capacity to design and implement a web site,
• Capacity to assimilate complex information and communicate concise and clear information
to non-scientific audiences,
• Relevant experience in communicating through social media, such as LinkedIn and X (Twitter)
• Good knowledge of the legal and ethical framework, including the GDPR,
• Excellent written and spoken English (CEFR level C2),
• Full command of Microsoft office or equivalent,
• Excellent organizational skills,
• Ability to meet deadlines,
• Strong oral and written communication skills, especially in an international environment,
• Excellent interpersonal abilities,
• Experience in managing teams, budget and deadlines,
• The position requires travelling in Europe,
• The knowledge of one of the fields connected to agroecology will be an asset.
• The knowledge of a second language spoken in the EU will be an asset
Conditions and how to apply!
This position will be under the hierarchical responsibility of the Director General of AnaEE-ERIC. It will be a contract bound to the completion of the project, expected by end of August 2027 (“CDI de chantier” according to the French law), with a probation period of 4 months.
Overtime may be need to meet deadlines.
Up to 2 days of remote work are allowed per week.
A benefit package will be offered including a comprehensive health insurance, pension liability, public transportation subsidies, Ticket Restaurant.
Send a CV, cover letter, with the name, function, and email of 2 (max. 3) reference persons, last degree obtained, supporting information and documents to email@example.com.
For any information, please, contact us.
Deadline: 7 February 2024, however applications may be examined before the deadline.
Anticipated start of work: As soon as possible
AnaEE-ERIC provides tools to understand the multiple global change drivers on terrestrial and aquatic continental ecosystems across Europe. It proposes access to a distributed, versatile network of facilities that can simulate environmental drivers from land-use change, pollution, biological invasions, rising atmospheric greenhouse gases concentrations, and to increasing extreme events such as droughts and heatwaves.
AnaEE-ERIC provides access for research teams to these experimental, analytical, and modelling platforms. The outcome of these research will lead to a better understanding of ecosystem functions and services, and recommendations to the stakeholders (agriculture, industry, policy makers, NGOs) for the mitigation and adaptation of ecosystem to anthropic induced changes.
AnaEE‐ERIC is an inclusive, equal‐opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organization. Further information on the aims, mission, governance, and statutes of AnaEE‐ERIC can be found at https://www.anaee.eu/